Skip to main content

Counselling and mental health support

Professional and confidential psychological and mental health services are free and available through our Student Counselling Service.


As a student, you can access specialist input on a wide range of personal, academic, social and psychological issues that may impact your life, through our Student Counselling Service. Individual therapy/counselling with a counsellor gives you the opportunity to talk confidentially about any concerns that may be impacting on your academic performance or mental health and wellbeing. You can also access self-help resources and webinars.

After hours mental wellbeing support line

After hours support is available from the University’s mental wellbeing support line. You can speak with a counsellor after 5pm to 9am from Monday to Friday, 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday, and during University close-down periods and on public holidays.

The service provides free and confidential access to wellbeing support and advice to help you find relief from current emotional distress, explore coping strategies, and advice pathways for longer term solutions.

  • Call 1300 474 065 (accessible within Australia)
  • Text 0488 884 429 (for sms chat option)

If you have immediate safety concerns for yourself or others, call triple zero (000) for emergency services (fire/ambulance/police).

If you require specialist Mental Health assistance, you can call the NSW government’s Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511. The Mental Health Line is available to anyone located in New South Wales, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Community resources

24-hour crisis phone counselling is also available from the following community resources:

Other counselling resources

Student Counselling Service

  • +61 488 884 429 (For SMS chat after hours)
  • Level 5 Jane Foss Russell Building G02
Opening hours

9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Last updated: 18 July 2022

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.